Hello! I am a psychotherapist specializing in individual, couples and family therapy and have offices in both Westwood and Fort Lee in New Jersey.
With over 20 years experience as a therapist and as a graduate of New York University School of Social Work, I specialize in both cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). I am very committed to helping individuals struggling with anxiety, depression, suicidal and self-harm behaviors.
In addition to being a skilled and experienced therapist, I have presented at conferences and to general audiences speaking on topics of borderline personality disorder, dialectical behavior therapy and emotion regulation. I am also an adjunct professor at Ramapo College of New Jersey and teach in the undergraduate and graduate programs.
I am an interactive, solution-focused therapist. My approach is to provide support and skills to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. I integrate cognitive behavior and dialectical behavior methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Education: New York University School of Social Work
License, Certifications & Awards: NJ Licensed Clinical Social Work
- Linehan Behavioral Tech Intensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy Training for Independent Practitioners
- Center for Complicated Grief/ Complicated Grief Treatment
Presentations and Workshops:
- "The Essentials of DBT" for Bergen County Family Guidance
- “Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself: Use Your DBT Skills” for Bergen County Academies
- “Finding Your Balance: DBT for Clinicians” for Children’s Aid and Family Services for 2019 Tree of Addiction Conference
- “Dialectical Behavior Therapy for First Responders” at Advance Housing, Inc.
- "Using DBT Skills to Reduce Emotion Dysregulation and Reactivity in Children/Adolescents at Bergen County Children’s Interagency Coordinating Council (CIACC)
- "Adaptations of DBT for Clinical Staff in Mental Health Programs" at Advance Housing ,Inc.
- "Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder" at Bergen County National Association for Mental Illness-Meet the Professionals Series